Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I just want to be like....

Over the past week I have been traveling the midwest with our high school minister Phil Heller interviewing college students for next years intern spots. Beyond the fun of traveling central Kentucky and the joy of the people we met at the truck stop, I love this week. I love sitting across the table from kids about to graduate and about to enter in the ministry - It never fails that they say, I just want to be like .............. (my youth minister, my Sunday school teacher, my d-group leader, or my dad)! I just want to love kids the way they loved me. This is a week where I see how we as a community of youth workers have succeeded. I hope the kids in my ministry feel that love from me, and from our volunteers, and I hope 10 years from now to sit across from a kid in our junior high ministry now who say I just want to be like you, or like the volunteer you trained. I also hope one day my son says I just want to be like my dad................

And all along the way all we are trying to do is just be like Jesus!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home